Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Visitor in the Lab


Today was the annual Israeli Bioinformatics Symposium, held by the Israeli Society for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology of which I happen to be the President. Our keynote speaker this year was Trey Ideker, and I hosted him on Monday for a sightseeing tour.

My student Moran joined us a a tour guide of the Old City of Jerusalem, which she knews quite well, and left me to document the visit. Few pictures to get your appetite for a visit here.

The Holy Sepulchre Church Jerusalem




Tasting some authentic humus  at Lina



Searching for gifts


From there Trey and I continued to the city of Caeseria, an old port city that was built (and destroyed and rebuilt) from the Roman time until the 14th century and now is an archaeological park.

No comments: